From now on, you can pay for DUFC events by card both online and with your mobile phone, thanks to DUFC’s new partnership with the Lydia payments solution. Lydia is one of Europe’s leading fintech startups, with over 1 million users and over 400 partner universities across France, Ireland, the UK, Spain, and Portugal – including associations at Trinity College Dublin, Oxford, and Cambridge.
What is Lydia?
Lydia is a free mobile app that lets you transfer money amongst friends and family, as well as make payments for club sales and events – instantly and securely, just using your phone.
How does it work?
You link your credit or debit card to the Lydia app, and you are able to pay friends and businesses automatically by card – just using your smartphone. To pay friends and family, all you need is their mobile number – no more faffing around with IBANs and BICs, or having to add a new beneficiary into online banking. Your data is securely encrypted, and there are no fees. You can transfer money from your Lydia account to your bank account with no extra charges.
How do I pay for a DUFC event?
There are two means of paying, either using the Lydia app, or by card.
…By Lydia app:
It’s easy to set up:
1. Download the free Lydia Mobile Payment app from
the Irish Apple App Store or Google Play Store:
2. Create your account, using your full first and last names, and choose your own security code.
3. Add in your card: if you scan your card in, make sure your full first and last names are displayed. You can amend this field if needed. The card name entered must match the name you used to create your Lydia account.
4. When buying your place, click “Pay with Lydia” at the bottom of the payment page.
5. Open the Lydia app on your phone to confirm the payment.
Tip: add Touch ID confirmation in advance if you have Touch ID. This means that you just use your fingerprint to confirm the payment.
6. That’s it!
This is the easiest way, and you can use the same app to settle up with family and friends, too.
If you can’t download the Lydia app, you can also pay by card:
click on “Pay by card” at the bottom of the payment page, and enter your card details.
You must have a Irish phone number and Irish bank account to use the Lydia app, and a Visa/Mastercard from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK.